Bio Medical Engineering
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics science and Engineering fundamentals.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex problems.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or process that meet specified needs.
- Design experiments, analyze, interpret data and synthesis information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communicate effectively with engineering community and society.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- Demonstrate the attitude for life-long learning.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO):
PSO1: Professional Approach: Specify, architect and prototype health-care solutions by applying signal and medical image processing techniques on modern hardware and software platforms.
PSO2: Interdisciplinary Skills: Investigate, Implement and demonstrate various applications of analog and digital electronic subsystems in designing and building biomedical instrumentation systems.
PSO3: Innovations through ICT: To adapt to emerging information and communication technologies (ICT) to innovate ideas and solutions for current societal and scientific issues thereby developing indigenous medical instruments that are on par with the existing technology.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
- To embrace responsible roles of highest cadre in their chosen profession through engineering knowledge, skills and teamwork.
- To apply and acquire quantitative, qualitative, analytic and critical thinking skills to solve engineering problems.
- To provide self-directed learning with management principles to identify and create professional opportunities in the field of study.
- To prepare graduates capable of upholding and expanding their technical competence through lifelong learning.